Jas Martin & Co is what is known as the ‘Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us. We can be contacted at 8 Bank Street, Lincoln, LN2 1DS, telephone 01522 510234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How we collect or obtain personal information about you
We collect information about you from different places including:
- directly from you
- from a third party acting on your behalf e.g. an intermediary or broker
- from publicly available sources
- when we generate it
- from other organisations
Personal information we collect or obtain about you
- name and contact details, such as address, email and telephone number
- employment and payroll history
- taxation information and history
- information about your circumstances and the matter you have asked us to deal with
- financial information such as bank details, bank statements and details of investments
How is your personal information used
We will use the information to fulfil a contractual service or other business relationship, to meet legal obligations, or for other purposes:
- to confirm your identity and address
- to carry out your instructions
- to improve our services
- to offer other services we believe may benefit you unless you ask us not to
How long we store your personal information
We will keep your information for as long as you have a relationship with us. If you disengage as a client we are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, tax details) for a period of time, and we will do this for a minimum of seven years after which time it will be destroyed. The information we use for marketing purposes will be retained until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive communications from us.
How we secure your personal information
We have a Data Protection regime in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data.
Your rights in relation to your personal information
You have a number of rights relating to your information:
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal data;
- The right to have the personal data corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal data completed;
- The right to object to processing of your personal data;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to have your personal data erased (the “right to be forgotten”);
- The right to request access to your personal data and information about how we process it; and
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal data (“data portability”).
Changes to your information and how to complain
If at any point you believe the information we process about you is incorrect you can request to see this information and have it corrected or deleted (subject to our legal responsibilities). If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact our Complaints Handling Officer who will investigate the matter. Our Complaints Handling Officer is R.D Spurrier and you can contact him at email@example.com if you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ico.org.uk).
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review and it was last updated in May 2018.